We make from scratch most of our food. We never thought that we would be able to recreate a waffle that had the same taste and texture as the original. Up until last year we didn’t have to… we were able to buy a really great tasting, frozen waffle that was free of dairy, wheat, egg and nuts. Just over a year ago they disappeared off the shelves and we thought that it was just an importing problem and with time they would be back on the shelves. We enquired and found out that the little company that specialised in these yummy frozen waffles had been struck by a typhoon and their little factory destroyed. Unfortunately it was a small family owned business and inevitably the typhoon destroyed them… this left us with the dilemma that we were probably not going to eat waffles again… with the continual requests from our boys we went to work on trying to recreate a waffle recipe that would taste great and have the right consistency that all waffles must 🙂 hope that you too enjoy the Oliver’s Choice waffle recipe!
- Combine dairy-free milk and apple cider vinegar in a mixing bowl and let set for a few minutes to activate. Then add oil and whisk. Set aside.
- Add dry ingredients to a large mixing bowl and whisk until well combined.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and mix until well incorporated.
- Let set for 5-10 minutes while your waffle iron preheats.
- Once waffle iron is ready, generously coat with non-stick spray and pour on about 1/2 cup of batter.
- Cook until waffle iron indicates cooked to desired crispness.
- Serve immediately with desired toppings, such as fresh berries, banana and maple syrup.
- Store leftovers in a freezer safe bag and reheat in the toaster. As always fresh is best 🙂 Enjoy!